Our Debit Cards now include Chip Technology
Count on enhanced fraud protection with chip technology. Every time you use your card at a chip-enhanced terminal, the embedded chip protects your information by creating a unique transaction code. It's a tiny chip that protects your card information in a big way.
Chip-enabled cards have an encrypted microchip built directly into the card. Your card data is securely encrypted in the chip on the card. Between the encryption and how card data is transmitted, it reduces the risk of your cardholder data being compromised when merchant systems are breached.
Easy to use
To use your chip-enabled card to complete a purchase, simply follow these three steps:Step 1: Insert your card into a chip-enabled terminal at point of sale. Step 2: Sign or enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to verify purchase Step 3: Remove your card when prompted to complete transaction.
Other Features & Benefits
In addition to having chip technology, your card comes with:
- Zero fraud liability* - covering fraudulent purchases
- Acceptance everywhere - U.S. acceptance of chip cards is growing while many foreign countries already use it. You can still swipe and pay for purchases using your card's magnetic stripe ensuring usage of your card everywhere you may need it.
How to Get Your Chip-Enabled Card
- All new checking accounts will be issued cards with the new chip technology.
- If you don't already have a checking and wish to apply, click here
- Once ordered, your new card will be delivered to your address on file within 5 to 7 business days.
- Existing debit card holders will receive a chip-enabled card once their card naturally expires.
Check out our FAQs on how to use your new Chip-Enabled Card today!
*Zero Liability Policy does not apply if you were grossly negligent or fraudulent in the handling of your card, including failure to report loss or theft in a timely manner.